Investment Management & Research (m/w/d)
BLN Capital is the Single Family Office of Daniel Stammler, Oliver Löffler and Janosch Kühn, the founders of Kolibri Games, a Berlin-based mobile gaming studio. Daniel, Oliver and Janosch sold the majority stake in Kolibri Games to Ubisoft in February 2020.
BLN invests opportunistically across asset classes with a focus on public and private equity. Our venture portfolio consists of over 40 direct investments such as PowerUs, Kittl, Meine Erde and Fastic. Within our fund portfolio, we’ve invested with leading GPs in private equity and venture capital, such as Blackstone, Apollo Global Management, Project A, Headline, Greenfield or Fabric.
We are looking for a Working Student (m/w/d) to support our investment team and the founders with day-to-day work and research. You will be reporting to the Head of Family Office. We offer you the chance to gain a unique insight into the investment team of a family office. The position is a hybrid position with a potential for remote work.
- Support the team and founders on all matters around our investment portfolio
- Conduct ongoing screening and tracking of relevant asset classes, such as start-up investment opportunities and current PE/VC fund offerings
- Conduct deeper research into selected topics and opportunities, such as mapping a sub-industry in mobile gaming that we are interested in
- Support the team in live deals across asset classes, including but not limited to direct VC investments or commitments to PE or VC funds
- Assist on other new and ongoing initiatives, as they may arise
- You are currently enrolled at a German university and will be studying for at least 2 more semesters (i.e. 12 months)
- You have a passion for financial topics across asset classes, and ideally have investing experience of your own
- You have completed at least one prior internship in a relevant field (i.e. start-up, venture capital, investment management, finance/controlling or similar)
- You are fluent in English and German
- You are willing to work 10-20 hours per week in a self-directed, independent manner
- Experience with CRM/database tools such as Notion a plus
- High level of professional integrity and discretion